Wren Spinney is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students.
Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play and school staff are particularly important as they are in a position to identify concerns early. The school is expected to ensure that appropriate procedures are in place for responding to situations where it believes a child has been abused or is at risk of abuse.
At any time you may be concerned about information which suggests a child is being neglected or experiencing physical, emotional or sexual harm.
- observe physical signs
- notice changes in the child's behaviour or presentation
- pick up signs of emotional distress
- have a child disclose a harmful experience to you
Safeguarding referrals may be made direct in the following ways:
Contact MASH on 0300 126 1000 or MASH@northamptonshire.gcsx.gov.uk
In an emergency outside office hours contact the Police on 999 or Emergency Duty team.
If you have a concern, you MUST report it - inform a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) without delay (or The Chair of Governors where appropriate).
Make a written record (using the child's own words), sign and date it then pass the record to a DSL
At Wren Spinney our DSLs are;
- Joy Ward (Headteacher)
- Amy March (Assistant Headteacher)
- Julie Scholtz
- Claire Scott
- Jeanette Payne
If you have any concerns about a child in school you should raise this with your employer or organisational safeguarding lead in the first instance.
You should call the Whistleblowing Advice Line if:
- your organisation doesn't have clear safeguarding procedures to follow
- you think your concern won't be dealt with properly or may be covered-up
- you've raised a concern but it hasn't been acted upon
- you're worried about being treated unfairly.
You can call about an incident that happened in the past, is happening now or you believe may happen in the future.
NSPCC Whistleblowing Advice Line - https://www.nspcc.org.uk/what-you-can-do/report-abuse/dedicated-helplines/whistleblowing-advice-line/
0800 028 0285
Email - email@example.com