This can include paper letters, text messages/emails (through Arbor, our school MIS), phone calls, and Class Dojo.
Within Class Dojo we use the following 3 areas:
- Wren Spinney School Story
- This can be seen by all parents/carers and all staff that are members of Class Dojo in the whole school community.
- Class Story
- This can be seen by parents who have pupils in that class, the class staff, the pastoral team, and the admin team.
- Portfolio Posts
- This can only be seen by the associated parents/carers of the child, the class staff, the pastoral team, and the admin team.
N.B. In order to reply to a post, the parent/carer has to reply to an existing post and cannot create a new one.
We do not make use of the messaging section, as it will not share the information with the class team/pastoral team. (i.e. If you message directly and the person is not in school, then it will not be picked up).
Teachers are asked if messages are used to reply via a post.
- We ask teachers to check for posts in the morning as school starts and at the end of the day.
- Class Dojo is used for school updates, to share information and for parent contact.
- If you have information that needs to be seen quickly or is urgent, we ask that you call the school office on 01536 481 939.
- If you are reporting absence, please follow the Absence Procedure.