Educating For The Future; Step by Step
We place a strong emphasis on nurturing the skills our students will need as they transition to adulthood.
We want our curriculum to provide a high-quality provision that meets the holistic individual needs of students.
We will do this by developing a total communication environment, whereby all students and staff are able to build positive and trusting relationships.
High levels of engagement will provide the opportunities for learning skills for now and the future.
Our curriculum revolves around communication and Preparing for Adulthood, utilising 'Equals' schemes of work, the ‘Wren’ offer and ASDAN Accreditation.
It comprises five key areas:
- Good Health
- Friends, Relationships and Community
- Independent Living
- Future Destinations
We don't offer conventional maths and English lessons. Instead, our students learn essential English (Communication) and maths skills within the framework of our curriculum, tailored to their individual cognitive levels.
Our school is organised into three provisions:
At Wren Spinney, we take a holistic approach to learning and Personal Development, which includes:
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development (SMSC) and Cultural Capital; including British Values
- Personal, Social, Health and Economic education (PSHE) and Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)
- Career (Careers) guidance, equipping students with skills for their future destinations
Our students' educational journey culminates with the pursuit of ASDAN Personal Progress accreditation.
The relationship between curricula in the Equals multi-tiered curriculum approach.
|Complex SLD, SLD/ASC
|SLD, MLD, ASC
|Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
|Working consistently at, and the most severe end of, the SLD spectrum, often with attendant autism.
|Working consistently at, and overtime below, the early reaches of the NC, or within Years 1 and 2
|(Mainstream) primary pupils, working consistently, and over time significantly, below age-related expectations.
|Working within typical or near typical age-related expectations.
We believe our offer enables our students to become:
- Successful learners who make progress against their Personalised Learning Goals, enjoy learning and achieve their potential
- Confident adults who can live safe, healthy and happy lives
- Responsible adults who make a positive contribution to society
For more information about our whole school offer, please see our Home page.