The Student Council has its own Constitution and has a budget to manage. It usually meets once a month. The agenda is distributed a week before the meeting so all pupils are able to make contributions via their class representative. Following the meeting, minutes are produces in both writing and picture symbols so everyone can understand what has been talked about and what decisions have been made.
Over the past year, the Student Council has made quite an impact on school life:
- involvement in the recruitment of new staff
- lots of exciting ideas for Sport Relief and Children in Need
- arranged the school Valentines Disco and activities for Easter
- fundraising activities for new equipment
- representatives on the 'Shooting Stars' group
- setting up an eco-warrior group
A highlight of the past year has been our visit to see the Kettering Mayor, in the 'Mayor's Parlour'. The mayor talked to the students about the job. Afterwards the Student Council used some of the money they'd raised to have a nice meal together at The Trading Post pub. We look forward to meeting with the next new mayor.
We are very pleased that the school holds the Silver Secondary School Council Award.
SCHOOL COUNCIL PROMISES:-
Our Student Council agreed 3 school promises:
- We promise to keep our school tidy and safe
- We promise to be friendly, kind and helpful to everyone
- We promise to try to do our best.
STUDENT COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES FOR 2017-2018
All members were voted for by their peers