A guest speaker is often invited to do a presentation and to lead discussion around a particular topic or issue.
The Parent Forum has previously met about once a term but as numbers were decreasing, we would now like to receive suggestions for Parent Forum topics..
Previously areas we have looked at have included the following but we are always happy to run these again:
- Coping with and managing emotions and stress
- Dealing with teenage sexuality
- Post-18 options
- Communicating with our children
- Multi-agency information sharing evenings
- Successful Transitions
- Personal Budgets
- Befriending schemes
- Sibling Support
- Supported Living, Residential Care and Housing
- Wills, Trusts, Asset Protection and Life Assurance
In 2014, Cindy Baylis was appointed as 'Parent Support Worker' for Wren Spinney. She is always available at the Parent Forums, and she can be contacted through the school at any time on 01536 481939.
All parents and carers are very welcome to come along to the parent forums. It's a wonderful opportunity to meet new people and explore an interesting topic... and there are always some nice refreshments available, too!