Collaborative - Good Health
My Play (Eq)
- Free Play - Free Play is an open, free play session where the students are free to choose what they wish to play with. Adults model play and students are free to join, observe or reject play. Intensive Interactions are used in this session and communication boards are modelled where needed.
- Structured Play - The students have an opportunity to play on the school bikes and go-karts in the playground. Staff support and motivate the students to use bikes and go karts. Also, the students attend a structured play session in the hall in the form of a disco. A number of activities are available to the students, staff support and motivate the students to access the activities.
- Exploratory Play - Students are totally free to explore play through the use of a variety of resources. Staff are there to model play and make offers of play. Students are free to accept or not to accept offers of play.
- Soft Play / Ball Pit - The soft play and ball pit are rooms available for free play sessions for the students.
- Free Choice - Students are taught to independently communicate and choose resources in the classroom. Through the use of verbal communication, PECS, communication boards and communication devices.
- Free Play (Careers) - Free Play is an open, free play session where the students are free to choose what they wish to play with. Adults model play and students are free to join, observe or reject play. Intensive Interactions are used in this session and communication boards are modelled where needed.
- Break -Students have free time to explore resources inside the classroom and in the playground. Students from different classes are encouraged and supported to play and communicate with each other.
My Physical Well-Being/Mental health (Eq)
The students have a planned Relax Kids session where they learn strategies to support their well-being and mental health. They complete the session together with the peers from their class.
|PE||The students access a weekly swimming session off site with a qualified swimming coach. The students complete a planned PE session in the hall or in the playground.|
|Relaxation / Chill Out Zone||After lunchtime, the students relax with bean bags, blankets and soothing music in order for them to be calm after the break in the playground. The students support tidying up the resources at the end of the Chill Out Zone.|
|Sensory Room – Sensory processing / story||As part of our Therapeutic Sensory Experience offer, our play-trained staff take small groups to the sensory room to work through a story using props and sensory equipment.|
|Soft play – Physical health/free play||A free play session based in the soft play room or ball pit. This encourages social interaction, team work and sharing of resources.|
|Art||An art session based around seasonal trends and/or specific events throughout the year.|
|Dance||As part of our PE programme, our dance offer uses ‘Just Dance’ videos with visual representations to copy and move to.|
- Life Skills - Students practice and develop key life skills. Such as cooking, hoovering, washing up, and preparing drinks.
- Creative Experiences
- Music - Students take part in music sessions, consisting of using musical instruments, signing, and call and response. Students explore music, communication skills, and making choices.
- Ball Games - Students take part in a weekly ball games session. This promotes physical wellbeing, communication and cooperation.
- Soft Play & Sensory room - Students visit the soft play and sensory rooms as a weekly session. This promotes physical wellbeing and emotional regulation.